Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a prevalent phytocannabinoid produced by the cannabis plant. CBD has existed longer than mankind, however, we are only now discovering its powerful medicinal value.
Unlike its cousin, THC, cannabidiol lacks the stereotypical psychoactive effects associated with cannabis use. Pure CBD is colorless and odorless.
The Medicinal Properties of Cannabidiol
Cannabidiol has the following medicinal properties in humans and most other vertebrates. All of the following associations have been proven by research doctors and universities and published in reputable, peer-reviewed medical journals. You will notice most of this research has been conducted in Europe and Israel. This is a result of the United States’ failed war on cannabis the plant’s inexplicable schedule 1 status.
- Neuroprotectant – Repairs and protects the brain from both physical, chemical, neurodegenerative damage.
- Antioxidant – Breaks down dangerous Tau proteins and destroys cancer causing free-radicals
- Anxiolytic – Reduces anxiety and depression without dangerous SSRIs or benzodiazepines.
- Anti-inflammatory – Studies show that CBD is 60-100x better anti-inflammatory than ibuprofen. It out performed aspirin and tramadol in a recent study.
- Apoptotic – Causes cancer cells to commit suicide in the good way. Google ‘apoptosis’ for more details.
- Anti-metastatic – Prevents cancer from spreading.
- Anti-angiogenic – Prevents cancer from growing blood vessels.
- Antiepileptic – (Only when combined with other cannabinoids.
- Antiemetic – Combats nausea and vomiting
- Osteogenic – Promotes bone growth.